Is it time for spring cleaning? Are you ready for something better? How about spring ORGANIZING? I have been working with many clients who either want to get their act together and get the office organized or who are frustrated by the clutter in their homes. It will be difficult to get to the spring cleaning if you have piles of paper on your desk, tables or counters. Or perhaps your home organizing challenge is clothing or collections.
Whatever holds you back, here are 7 organizing tips to get started and stay motivated:
- Have a game plan. This is the first step for any organizing project. Make sure you have some reasonable goals set.
- Put your plan in action. If you don’t schedule organizing, you probably won’t get to it. Set aside a morning or afternoon when you will “get around to it.”
- Make sure you have the materials you need handy for your project. For example, I always have a trash bag, recycling box and a container ready for papers to shred before I start an office organizing project.
- Get an organizing partner. Someone who is good at keeping you on task.
- Set a timer. You can do anything for 15 minutes, right? You will probably be feeling so good about starting to get organized that you will keep going longer than the time you have decided on.
- Pace yourself.
- Leave time for clean up and put-away.
If you still feel overwhelmed by your organizing project, I’ll be happy to help.
I have a free 30 minute consultation that delves into your challenges, needs and goals for organization. Give me a call and start moving in the right direction today!
phone: 802-598-6753; email: email@example.com